Friday, December 29, 2017

Existension

Dawn is only a few hours away
The airport is no movement empty
I sit in the dark
Hearing only “Early Morning Rain” in my head
Got the lyrics down now

My plane is on time and
I’m to let myself onto the tarmac
Shopping mall door slides open
Braniff Air taxis up from the mist
Flight attendant appears from behind silver door
Yellow and brown hot pants at 2:29 am
I’m in and on and belted

Four stops before Chicago
3 now Witchita is snowed in
In 3 months I'll appear before my draft board
For now, a window seat
next to a returning vet
we smile hello, nod and then sit back,
Our paths cross in the frozen wind




No comments:

Going Home

 One of the best responses to the argument that dreams are but random firings of brain cells is, "Then why do we have recurring dreams?...