Sunday, November 3, 2019

Uniform


I'm seen as an old man
named after an uncle I never met,
If promise was a flood, and fire was frost
Twilight would be more than life-like dreams
 that bubble over the ledges of time

Give me the uniform of a minor league team
that exists only in the mind,
Just one more look to hold dear,
with colors that make this life half as hard.

As a young man, my lovers came mostly
from ancient cultures but others from those busy being born,
Most were restless within own their own boundaries,
If I never wandered through dark woods the most beautiful
would never have appeared.

 Eventually, I moved on and away as they pushed years along like
a noisy shopping cart.

Old photos bring new smiles.










No comments:

Time Remembered

 With the recent rise in civil disobedience and demonstrations on college campuses all over the nation, it's not surprising that many of...