Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Ode To A Tacoma

 I wanted to write an ode for my truck,

   The truck I sold after 20 years,

Can you do that?

   Do Tacoma’s even know they are loved.

I was going to thank the forest green Prerunner for

Being there on solo fishing trips where forest roads

are rough and feared.

For starting while frozen and attempting the snow,


The truck that shared my smiles at landing the first

Brown trout or 15-inch rainbow.

The truck that moved me out of my classroom, and

The new to another state. Records, books, fly rods all

Safely stored. 

I hope your next owner will appreciate your beauty and

Integrity. Long may you run.


No comments:

Time Remembered

 With the recent rise in civil disobedience and demonstrations on college campuses all over the nation, it's not surprising that many of...