Friday, March 22, 2024

Not Like They Used To

 

With some help from friend Jory Aronson, a great mandolin player, here is an up dated version of my "Levi Song."  

To the tune of The Streets of Bakersfield by Buck Owens...or something similar.






        Levi Song

They don’t make ‘em like they used to

I won’t buy them at the store

The Levi’s I once knew and loved,

They don't work for me no more.


The fabric is by far much thinner,

It don’t last too long this way.

The blue jeans that were once a winner,

Don't hold up from day to day.


Chorus;

Levi has become the essence


Of a known phenomenon.


They have built-in obsolescence,


Corporate greed continues on.


Maybe I sound sentimental,

Perhaps a little bit berserk,

Still, I issue out a warning,

Don’t wear Levi’s when you work!




No comments:

Going Home

 One of the best responses to the argument that dreams are but random firings of brain cells is, "Then why do we have recurring dreams?...