Thursday, November 18, 2021

Enough

 I imagine you

     Thinking of me,

Across a bridge of decades,

     I was alone

With a way forward,

     Cleared to live in the moment,

People always find me when I appear lost, 

     Wandering a grocery store,

Some idle checker will offer...

     But what I seek is not on a shelf,

Sitting on a stoop, I have met saviors,

     As they chanced to pass,

Eyes looking upward,

     Our time together was brief

But powerful,

Years do not diminish your memory,

     Or is it my memory?

I am buried by these bridges,

     But no longer in need,

Just the thought of your face,

     As it was,

As it might be now,

     Is enough.     

No comments:

Time Remembered

 With the recent rise in civil disobedience and demonstrations on college campuses all over the nation, it's not surprising that many of...